Friday, June 24, 2005

Joel Osteen Waffles on the Gospel

James White introduces this excerpt from Larry King's recent interview with Joel Osteen by saying that most everyone has already seen it. I hadn't. In case you're also in the minority, check it out and keep in mind that this is a prominent "evangelical" author and pastor. Hold up your Bible and say "relativism."
 
Addendum: I realized after posting the above that those unfamiliar with Osteen's television ministry might not understand my reference to holding up your Bible. Before he preaches, Osteen instructs the members of his congregation to hold up their Bibles and join him in reciting the following mantra: "This is my Bible. I am what it says I am. I have what it says I have. I can do what it says I can do. Today I will be taught the Word of God. My mind is alert. My heart is receptive. I will never be the same, in Jesus' name."
Justin Taylor has an informative post on Osteen, the Larry King interview, and how Christians should respond here.

No comments: