Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quiet For a Few Days

I'm off to Pennsylvania this evening to attend the annual meetings of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Evangelical Philosophical Society. I anticipate being computer-free until Saturday and therefore don't plan to make any contributions to the blog until at least then. However, should I be able to get my hands on a laptop, I just might break my silence.


I've marked some presentations and panel discussions I'm eager to attend including a dialogue between J. P. Moreland and John Franke on theological and philosophical perspectives on truth and knowledge, a panel discussion about homosexuality and evangelical foundations for pastoral care in which CCEF's Ed Welch will be presenting a biblical counseling perspective, and an exchange between some of the contributors to the book Christianity and the Postmodern Turn: Six Views (which for some reason didn't make the program but I have the word of a reliable source that it's going to happen). 


And then there are the books! I'm taking a short "to buy" list consisting of Common Grounds by Ben Young and Glenn Lucke (Am I the only person not to have read this one yet?), a new volume by James Beck and Bruce Demarest called The Human Person in Theology and Psychology, and David Wells's latest - Above All Earthly Pow'rs: Christ in a Postmodern World. Of course, just because a book isn't currently on the short list is no guarantee that it won't be coming back with me.


If all of the above weren't enough to get me excited about the trip, David Wayne, the Jollyblogger, and I have made luncheon plans. I'm looking forward to that just as much as anything else. Until I blog again.

No comments: