Saturday, June 16, 2007

"My Dream is to Spend My Life Doing What I Feel I Was Born to Do"

My eyes welled with tears when I caught this story on the news yesterday but it didn't occur to me to mention it here until I received an email linking to the video from a friend who rarely sends such things. I agree with his decision to depart from his practice in this case.

The video is of a mobile phone salesman named Paul Potts who recently appeared on the television program "Britain's Got Talent" and wowed both audience and judges (the indomitable Simon Cowell among them) with his rendition of "Nessun Dorma." His performance was beautiful not only because of his amazing talent but also because of his evident humility and passion for his art. You can read more about Paul here. Enjoy!





4 comments:

Danny Wright said...

And I'll depart from my practice of not saying awesome. Awesome!!!!

Deborah C. said...

I see the hand of God in this. I wonder if he knows Christ?

Matthew Anderson said...

FYI, he did win the contest and will sing before the queen (it was announced last night, I believe). There is video at myspace.com/paulpotts

Papa Giorgio said...

I linked you in my "blogroll", and if you don't mind I am going to steal this YouTube link. I will credit you of course.

God Bless.

P.S. It brought tears to my eyes as well.